1. Our First fund-raising event of the the year is our most anticipated - Flower Sale in May. Donna Beech is in charge of potted and hanging plants. This event is held at the Mackinaw Public Library.
2. Our second fund-raising event of the the year is our most anticipated - our "Strawberry Social." It is held on the Marina Lawn on July 4th. In the case of bad weather, it will be held the next day, July 5th.
3. Our longest-standing fundraising event is our annual Antique Show and Sale, which is always held on the first Tuesday in August. In 2019 we will be observing fifty years for this popular show and sale. It is held at the Mackinaw City High School from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lunch is available all day and is served by club members. Admission is only $2.50 for all day long. Children 10 and under are free.
This has been placed on hold until health restrictions are lifted.
4. Two fundraisers are getting attention also. One is "medi-alert/ID" bracelets and necklaces that are decorated with colorful beads instead of just a chain. These are attractive jewelry pieces, while also a useful identification tool for anyone needing assistance in an emergency. They are each "one-of-a-kind", made by club members. Regular costume jewelry decorative bracelets and ear-rings are being made as well. All are available for sale at a reasonable price. Contact: email@example.com
5. The other is a collection of soaps made by the club members. The fragrance is the "Lily of the Valley," and is perfect for a gift at any time of the year. Write to Mackinaw Woman's Club, Inc., at P. O. Box 356, Mackinaw City, MI, 49701 to order. The soaps are temporarily out of production for a couple of years.
6. In March of 2014 the club published the Mackinaw Woman's Club Centennial Edition Cookbook, Celebrating 100 Years 1914 - 2014. At $10, it surely is a bargain with taste-tested selections aimed to delight your family's palate. They make great gifts, too! You may purchase cookbooks by writing to the Mackinaw Woman's Club, Inc., P. O. Box 356, Mackinaw City, MI 49701. The cookbooks are also sold during our Rummage Sales, Strawberry Socials and the Antique Shows. All proceeds from our various fund-raisers and fund-raising events are used to finance our philanthropic endeavors as well as the upkeep and maintenance of our clubhouse. In 2009 we replaced the roof on our clubhouse building, and in 2010 we re-stained and recolored the shingles of the clubhouse.