*We are excited to raise money for a Universal Access Ramp project. If you are interested in donating to this project contact any members or call 812-797-6000
**We also offer community need mini grants, up to $1,500. Pick up a grant form from the MWC Clubhouse entrance, print it from our Facebook page, contact any member or call 812-797-6000 for more information. Applications are due Oct. 15, 2023
1. Our First fund-raising event of the the year is our most anticipated - Flower Sale in May. Donna Beech is in charge of potted and hanging plants. This event is held at the Mackinaw Public Library.
2. Our second fund-raising event of the the year is our most anticipated - our "Strawberry Social." It is held on the Marina Lawn on July 4th. In the case of bad weather, it will be held the next day, July 5th.
3. Our longest-standing fundraising event is our annual Antique Show and Sale, which is always held on the first Tuesday in August. In 2019 we will be observing fifty years for this popular show and sale. It is held at the Mackinaw City High School from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lunch is available all day and is served by club members. Admission is only $2.50 for all day long. Children 10 and under are free.
This has been placed on hold until a new chairperson is found.
4. In March of 2014 the club published the Mackinaw Woman's Club Centennial Edition Cookbook, Celebrating 100 Years 1914 - 2014. At $10, it surely is a bargain with taste-tested selections aimed to delight your family's palate. They make great gifts, too! You may purchase cookbooks by writing to the Mackinaw Woman's Club, Inc., P. O. Box 356, Mackinaw City, MI 49701. The cookbooks are also sold during our Rummage Sales, Strawberry Socials and the Antique Shows. All proceeds from our various fund-raisers and fund-raising events are used to finance our philanthropic endeavors as well as the upkeep and maintenance of our clubhouse. In 2009 we replaced the roof on our clubhouse building, and in 2010 we re-stained and recolored the shingles of the clubhouse.
5. Mackinac Island Swim is a new event in 2021, our ladies support this event through out the planning, prepping and the day of the event. Swimmers from all over the country have been gathered by Eric Hansen and Jon Vos to swim the 8.2 miles around Mackinac Island. Our ladies, sort, pack, create, bake and man the the tent for the swim. The swim donated over $17, 000 last year to our club. It has enabled us to upgrade our clubhouse and allow it to be used year round.
6, Blood Drives
Our 25th year of serving the community
Held at local Churches March, June, Sept, Dec.